A Great American Pot Pie Recipe
This succulent, creamy chicken cheese pot pie recipe will make your day just perfectly relaxed – if you enjoy cooking. If not, go out and grab a store-bought pie to celebrate. Mmm, pie. The best dish on the planet. This recipe makes 20 to 25 mini pies.
- Butter – 3 tablespoons.
- Onion – ½, chopped.
- Flour – 3 tablespoons.
- Chicken breasts, chopped – 1 pound.
- Leek – 1, chopped and rinsed.
- Shredded cheese – 8 oz.
- Half-and-half – ¼ cups.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sour cream – 4 oz.
- Paprika – ½ teaspoon.
- Chives – 3 tablespoons, chopped.
- Puff pastry – 3 pounds.
- Eggs – 2 small, beaten with one tablespoon of water.
- Line baking sheets and preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and then sauté onions.
- Sprinkle in flour and mix until a paste is formed, cooking for a few minutes.
- Throw in the leeks, ½ salt, half and half, chicken, and sour cream, mixing well until chicken is cooked through (estimated 20 minutes).
- Add spices, cheese, and chives, mixing and simmering on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour a smooth surface, rolling out the puff pastry to 2/8-inch thickness.
- Cut as many circles as possible using a 3 or 3.5-inch cutter.
- Brush edges of one circle with egg mixture and add some cooled filling in the middle. Add the second circle on top and seal around the edges by pressing with your fingers. You may want to crimp the edge after this with a fork to give it more of a professional look.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on baking sheets, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and puffed up.
- Read a book
- Go for a nature walk or hike
- Lie in a warm bubble bath
- Sleep in
- Take naps
- Leave the pajamas on.
- Catch up on your favorite shows
- Listen to music
- Get a massage
- Sit in the garden
- Create and craft
- Snack while doing this (with some stick-shaped foods, perhaps)
We hope today is as relaxing as it should be. Treat yourself and have fun snacking on stick-snacks. Pretzels, chocolate, cheese, the list goes on. Don’t make this day pie in the sky – unless you’re going to have pie. In the sky. Which, I admit, would both be relaxing.