Today marks National felt hat day, crème de menthe and hug your boss day. With so many national days on the same day, why not try to combine them? Add a felt hat for confidence, toss back a glass of crème de menthe for some confidence and go hug your boss!
Did you know?
- Crème de Menthe comes in a green version and a clear version
- In a tube-shaped glass is how crème de menthe is traditionally served.
- Another tradition – it is served as the final drink of mobsters before serving time in jail.
- Crème de menthe is made from dried peppermint or mint leaves that are marinated in alcohol for weeks and then filtered. Sugar is then added.
- Felt is one of the strongest fabrics known due to its interlocking thread style.
- Felt is the coolest type of hat. This fact is based on the writer’s personal preference.
- It is possible that oldest fabric is felt.
- 51% of employees think their boss NEEDS a hug according to jkstalent
- 71% of Americans love their boss
- 73% of people are for hugs while the remaining 27% are not.
Types of hugs:
- Pound Hug – a handshake and one-armed hug combination
- Polite Hug – trying not to touch with a polite smile
- Bro Man or Buddy Hug – a hug that shows friendship
- Quick Hug – before bolting in the opposite direction, a quick squeeze occurs
- Squeeze Hug – a tight, “thank you” hug
- Unreciprocated Hug – hands stuck to their sides and remaining stiff, the hug is not given back. A truly dreaded form of rejection.
Recipe for Crème De Menthe:
- A cup of sugar
- Two cups of vodka
- Three cups of mint leaves
- A couple drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Mix the vodka and half of the mint in a glass jar that is set aside for a week in a cool, dark place.
- Bring sugar and two cups of water to the boil, stirring until dissolved for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the mint leaves. Let it cool.
- Strain the vodka and syrup to get rid of the mint leaves, add food coloring and gently stir.
- Keep refrigerated for 3 months.
Have fun on this national day today and go out in style – maybe a stylish felt hat, for instance.