September 15 - National Felt Hat, Crème De Menthe And Hug Your Boss Day - Kid 101

September 15 – National Felt Hat, Crème De Menthe And Hug Your Boss Day

Today marks National felt hat day, crème de menthe and hug your boss day. With so many national days on the same day, why not try to combine them? Add a felt hat for confidence, toss back a glass of crème de menthe for some confidence and go hug your boss!

Did you know?

  • Crème de Menthe comes in a green version and a clear version
  • In a tube-shaped glass is how crème de menthe is traditionally served.
  • Another tradition – it is served as the final drink of mobsters before serving time in jail.
  • Crème de menthe is made from dried peppermint or mint leaves that are marinated in alcohol for weeks and then filtered. Sugar is then added.
  • Felt is one of the strongest fabrics known due to its interlocking thread style.
  • Felt is the coolest type of hat. This fact is based on the writer’s personal preference.
  • It is possible that oldest fabric is felt.
  • 51% of employees think their boss NEEDS a hug according to jkstalent
  • 71% of Americans love their boss
  • 73% of people are for hugs while the remaining 27% are not.


Types of hugs:

  1. Pound Hug – a handshake and one-armed hug combination
  2. Polite Hug – trying not to touch with a polite smile
  3. Bro Man or Buddy Hug – a hug that shows friendship
  4. Quick Hug – before bolting in the opposite direction, a quick squeeze occurs
  5. Squeeze Hug – a tight, “thank you” hug
  6. Unreciprocated Hug – hands stuck to their sides and remaining stiff, the hug is not given back. A truly dreaded form of rejection.

Recipe for Crème De Menthe:

Ingredients:

  • A cup of sugar
  • Two cups of vodka
  • Three cups of mint leaves
  • A couple drops of green food coloring (optional)

Method:

  1. Mix the vodka and half of the mint in a glass jar that is set aside for a week in a cool, dark place.
  2. Bring sugar and two cups of water to the boil, stirring until dissolved for two minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and add the rest of the mint leaves. Let it cool.
  4. Strain the vodka and syrup to get rid of the mint leaves, add food coloring and gently stir.
  5. Keep refrigerated for 3 months.

Have fun on this national day today and go out in style – maybe a stylish felt hat, for instance.




Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.